This guitar includes the new Transit Bag carry case that has a zippered pocket for a laptop computer, music books, and your other musical needs. Slim, lightweight, rugged and affordable, this is a take-anywhere guitar that will please beginners to experts.
Oh yes, including the case. Now anyone can afford to take along a great sounding, easy playing guitar... wherever they go!
Contact us for more info.
Listen to the VAMD-02
|• Transit Series
• 15/16 Size Dreadnought Body Shape
• Spruce Top w/ X-brace
• Inlaid Soundhole Rosette
• Single-ply top and back binding
• Mahogany Back and Sides
• Mahogany Neck w/ Rosewood Heel Cap
• Rosewood Fingerboard and Bridge
• Dot Inlay in Prewar-style staggered sizes
• Compensated Saddle
|• Distinctive Voyage-Air pickguard in black
• Proprietary Voyage-Air Captured Nut
• Patented Voyage-Air Folding Neck-Hinge System
• 24.75” Scale Length
• Traditional 1 11/16” Nut width
• Chrome plated die-cast tuners
• Protective High-Gloss finish.
• Phosphor Bronze strings.
• Includes Carrying Case
• Thoroughly inspected and set-up in the USA
Once it's unfolded and screwed in place (takes less than 30 seconds), you would not know it from a standard Mini-Dread, the hairline crack in the fingerboard being almost invisible. It will blow away your guitar buds. The hinge feels quite sturdy, actually 2 hinges plus an anchor pin and a thumbscrew that doubles as, and appears to be, a strap button. After folding it away, and unfolding it again, it DOES need retuning, but the tuners manage to hold a tune pretty close. I notice the tuners require about twice as much twisting compared to my other guitars, so they may be special in that regard.
Overall tone is beautiful, on a par with many $1000 guitars. String action surprisingly low, just like a "real" guitar, and no fret buzzing. In fact, it plays and sounds exactly like a sub-$1000 guitar of comparable type.
Review by D. Wells
Excerpt from Amazon.com